The Two Way Street

Search "The Two Way Street"

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saving the World a Click at a Time

As some of you may be aware, we reached my 1,500th hit this morning, after a new release on world hunger in the wee hours of the morning, in which I promised to make a change. Up until last night, every time we reached a hits milestone on the blog, I would celebrate with an expensive coffee or tea drink from Starbucks, even though I make plenty good coffees and teas at home. But, as I was attempting to ram the idea of donating your over-pricedn latte money to the World Food Programme, I realized that I do the very same thing. So, hencefourth, every time I reach a significant number on my hit-tracker, I will donate the price of a Venti Chai Latte with Soy ($5 and some change) to the World Food Programme, or a similar charity. So, every time you visit the blog, click an in-site link, or click "refresh" on your browser, you're helping stop world hunger without parting from a penny of your hard earned frappuccino fund. Do you have a warm, fuzzy feeling inside yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something that you would like to say about the Two Way Street? Tell us here!